Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Conversation?

I wish the gibberish of banging a keyboard was even more eloquent than the understanding that extreme emotion bubbled over so much in that moment that there was no other way to express it

you know what I think?

23:34M

as a generation (I think I'm going to stop generalizing about my generation). A a person so tied to the internet, including e-mail, IM, facebook and even texting, all forums of immediate publication ond conversation by print, we cannot help but over analyze our motive, emotions and meaning.

by the time I get a thought out in words, no matter how fast I type, it's entirely possible that I have moved on or changed my mind

but it's there, then

23:35K

oh god

23:35M

it's recorded

(you are totally free to ignore this...which is kind of my point, actually)

23:35K

no i liked that and agree

23:36M

haha yeah, but now I'm thinking about ignoring online vs. in real conversation

ok. original point. umm

23:38M

it takes so long, there's no understanding of sarcasm or body language or simple emotions, it's all blow up and apart. people can't help but over think everything. with the speed, even punctuation can be lost leaving interpretation so much more up to the reader.

but even more to my point, I'm not sure where i was going with my original point. I'd moved on by the time I got to the end of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment